Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of August 18, 2019
• I get confidence by going commando in the workplace.
• The benefit of having a wife, dog, and child is that at least one of them will want your attention when the other two are bored with you.
• Wedding toasts that mention God or Jesus are fine. Wedding toasts that detail the speaker’s marital troubles are not. But they do make for some thoughtful laughs.
• If I had the opportunity to go back in time and visit with my twenty-year-old self, I’m confident I’d like Younger Me. I’m equally confident that Younger Me would not feel the same about Older Me. I have a cell phone, I’m not rich, and I sure as shit don’t go sailing enough. I was also never in a real band. Yet.
• Whoever it was who said “A woman who loves you won’t care how much money you make” was either a liar or a priest. Or both.
• The Koch brothers are as much responsible for the conservative political agenda as 1980s action movies.