Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of July 21, 2019
• Quesadillas are like people. It’s not how good they look on the outside, it’s what’s inside that matters.
• At this point, everything that happens in Stranger Things’ Hawkins, Indiana is just a pretty typical oddity.
• Air fresheners labeled “Ocean Breeze” never smell like the breeze at the ocean. And when used in a public restroom only manage to make the joint smell like a hot piss bucket.
• I feel a twinge of jealousy when my son chooses the comfort of his mother over me and when the dog whines for her when she steps into a store while the dog and I remain outside. I’m jealous but I understand it. And that also warms my heart.
• The way I feel the morning after drinking three beers and a glass of bourbon now is the same way I felt the morning after drinking twelve beers and four bourbons when I was twenty-nine. Slowing down your drinking pace makes drinking a whole lot harder to do.
• Sailing helps me relieve my mind of worries. But I haven’t been sailing yet this season and I’m beginning to worry I never will get to.