Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of April 28, 2019
• People who don’t know me often like me and want to know me better. Those who do know me can have a tendency to want to know me less. It’s hard not to be constantly self-evaluating to a fault.
• Those who make their birthday a month-long celebration are greedy, self-centered, and obnoxious.
• Things said in jest are not always funny. Not every joke lands. Many fail. But a joke that doesn’t land doesn’t mean it comes from malice. Most often, it’s just an error. And to err is human. And being human is not a punishable offense.
• So many storytelling events feel like a presentation of manipulated authenticity.
• Everyone needs room to take some time to feel bad. The trick is not to wallow too long in the loathing.
• The other shoe will always drop. And when it does, it’s time to put both shoes on and get the fuck out of there.