Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of February 24, 2019
• You know it’s good coffee when one sip gives you the shits.
• Nothing makes me more proud to be a white man than casting all my votes for women of color. Well, except for the one where I wrote in my own name — against a white man. #PrettyFlyForAWhiteGuy
• Personalities can be awful when there’s more than one in a room.
• It’s an odd feeling I get when I think about how in two weeks from this writing, there will be a one-year-old child living in this home. And two months after that, a forty-year-old child will be living here, too.
• I’ve tried. I’ve really, really tried, but I can’t. I just can’t give a single fuck about the Oscars.
• Joy is, well, more enjoyable when it’s appreciated in the moment and not relegated to be an absolution. Anger and depression are less awful when treated the same.