Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of September 29, 2019
• I am limping proof that hopes, prayers, and positive thinking are no match for reality and action.
• A feast is always better than a famine, but a feast can leave you sick to your stomach. When presented with a feast, it’s best be mindful of your portion intake.
• The most important thing for those rooting for Trump’s impeachment to remember is that the discontent and division in America is not Trump’s doing, that these problems were alive and well even during Obama’s glorious years! Winning one battle does not mean you’ve won the war. Manage expectations lest they become entitlement.
• If we expect the world to accept us as we see ourselves then Rachel Dolezal did nothing wrong. If we think she did, then our logic is flawed.
• There is not a single shred of evidence that Sesame Street’s Bert and Ernie are gay. Bert and Ernie from It’s a Wonderful Life? You bet your feather boa.
• The polite thing to do when visiting your past is to bring a bottle of wine.