Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of January 6, 2019
• I struggle to be efficiently productive working from home anymore. All I want to do when I’m there is play with my kid. His mere existence may lead to his demise if I cannot work enough to provide for him. The adorable little wanker is already self-sabotaging. I had hoped he wouldn’t inherit that part of me.
• I think libraries would be more popular if they had coffee shops inside of them and sold the books instead of loaning them out.
• You don’t need balloons or cupcakes to be excited about learning your baby’s sex. And yes, it’s a sex. It’s never gender. Gender is a social construct, and for even the most pro-life pro-lifers out there, an unborn child/fetus/uterine turd cannot, by the laws of science, be socialized. Talk to it, play music for it, fine. You can’t make it like pink or blue in the womb. If you need to be surprised about your baby’s sex, listen to what your OB or midwife tells you during pregnancy, or at the time of birth. Getting all geared up over the sex of a child is exactly why we have sexism. So, please, for the sake of our future, knock it the fuck off.
• It’s safe to say that at this point, I’d be really bummed if anything terrible happened to my child.
• One thing I really love about my wife is that she really loves pilot episodes of television shows. She truly is one of a kind.
• I’m not buying the alleged sincerity of Lady Gaga and the other artists who are coming out this week condemning R.Kelly and apologizing for working with him, and stating that they support all victims of sexual assault. I believe they support victims. I believe they’re sorry for working with him — now. But that’s because their reputations are at risk. It’s not like they didn’t know R. Kelly was a questionable dude at best when they worked with him. R. Kelly has been under fire for inappropriate and downright illegal behavior since the 1990s. These artists knew who they were getting into bed with. What they didn’t know is how it would eventually put them at risk, and so, his foul actions didn’t matter to them. Although, better late than never.