Notes from the Post-it Wall — Week of January 7, 2018
• Whenever I see a real estate office storefront for rent, I laugh really hard. Then I spend the rest of the day singing Alanis Morissette’s Ironic.
• When having a piece of furniture delivered to your home, wait until your wife confirms it’s what she ordered before tipping the delivery guys. This will remove putting the delivery guys in the awkward position of trying to give you your 20 bucks back, which of course you won’t take because it’s not their fault and they have to carry the thing back down the stairs and reload it onto the truck. This also saves you money when you also tip the second set of delivery guys who bring the correct piece of furniture a few days later.
• It’s been almost a week since the thing went down and I still cannot bring myself to care about anything that happened at the Golden Globes.
• It’s funny to me that when it comes to reproductive rights, pro-choicers want women to be directly responsible for what happens to their bodies — no one else — when the reality is that a pregnant woman has very little choice as to what happens to her body once the fetus gets comfortable. And that’s even funnier to me if the fetus is a boy. And even funnier still if the fetus is a white boy. Pro-choice women pregnant with white males make me want to listen to Alanis Morissette’s Ironic on repeat.
• I should drink more red wine.
• Here’s a challenge most people wouldn’t accept… Put the final edit on and publish your book before your first kid is born. You have eight weeks. Go.