Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of July 7, 2019
• I want my son and my dog to have the same relationship as Stewie and Brian in Family Guy.
• One of the hundreds of reasons I want to be a long-haul trucker is so I can respond to requests from kids to honk my horn. What joy I’d bring to this world. Santa Claus wouldn’t have shit on me.
• Those who speak with routine absolute certainty are bound to be routinely wrong. That’s because they completely underestimate the fickleness of human behavior.
• The wonder we experienced in our youth is not lightning in a bottle. It is, however, a very specific kind of wonder that is no longer sold in stores or available through Amazon.
• Piles of books and papers have this funny way of making me feel intelligent and productive while also making me feel confused and lazy all at once.
• There is no better kind of day than one where you feel loved and supported, and can go for both a sail and a swim.