Notes from the Post-it Wall — Week of December 24, 2017
• The thing I’m most looking forward to as a new dad is using the baby as an excuse to not have to go to brunch with friends on the weekends.
• LinkedIn keeps suggesting I add my dead friend to my network. As if having my career laid out before me on LinkedIn wasn’t depressing enough.
• If my apartment caught fire, the Top 5 things I would save in order are:
2. My notebooks
3. The Pabst Blue Ribbon baseball hat I bought from the Pabst Mansion in Milwaukee — it’s such a perfect fit.
4. My hard drive
5. My NERF guns
• Not that I want to see, or that the world needs, more victims of sexual assault, harassment or abuse, but it would be nice if credible accusations of such things against Lorde and Lena Dunham came out. Then those two would finally be sent off to go the way of Lauer and Weinstein and hopefully never be heard from again. And yeah, I know Lena Dunham had that brief moment where she may have admitted to molesting her sister but we all forgot about that, didn’t we? Because, what, she’s body positive? Gimme a break. We could do without the distraction of both of their creative output.
• I feel bad for people smoking outside their office building looking at Facebook or other social media platform (based on their scrolling pattern). What’s the point of a smoke break if you’re not taking a break from the most maddening thing about our daily routine?
• Soren Kierkgaard said, “People understand me so poorly that they don’t even understand my complaint about them not understanding me.” Bro, I feel you, really. I understand.