Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of February 3, 2019
• The best way to enjoy something you hate is to experience it with friends. Beer and bourbon help.
• Knowledge is not power. Knowledge is an opportunity. Knowledge is cunning.
• One of my greatest stressors is scheduling time to get together with family. It’s a good problem to have. It means I like my family and that they’re not all dead yet.
• When overwhelmed by work and social commitments and the stress of where your life is going, the greatest remedy is to stop. Go quiet. Go alone. Breathe. You don’t have to meditate, just breathe and talk it out. Write it down. Map it out. Go slow. Be alone. Check your calendar. Remind yourself how to tell time. Breathe. Get some sleep. Wake up and hit that slippery incline running hard. Swing your arms. Breathe. You’ll get there. You’ll be fine. You’ve been here before. Just keep your head above the shit line.
• I’m 99 percent certain I forgot how to put away laundry.
• I got an email about a literary festival in New York City. The subject and headline in the email body was “Calling All Social Justice Warriors.” Never has an email missed its mark more. I mean, I’m a cis, hetero white male over 30. I’m the enemy, right?