Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of February 17, 2019
• Forgiveness is not valued enough. And too often, it’s not even attempted. And that’s why we’re doomed.
• I feel a crushing amount of guilt and regret for thinking that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an attractive person. I feel the same way about Ivanka Trump.
• Received a press release this week with the subject: “Lesbian and bi women at increased risk of being overweight.” In related news, lesbian and bi women account for 100 percent of Birkenstock sandals sales.
• Being wrong all of the time is exhausting. About as exhausting as having to be right all the time.
• It just dawned on me… My paternal grandfather was born when Woodrow Wilson, a racist, was president. My kid, named after my grandfather, was born when Donald Trump, a racist, was president. As a bonus, we get my kid’s middle name from my deceased best friend who was born shortly after Ronald Reagan, a racist, was elected to the presidency. Maybe it’s being born under a racist president that helps make you a good man. Here’s hoping.
• Whenever you hit that moment when you feel you should give up, you should give up on that feeling.