Notes from the Post-it Wall — Week of August 5, 2018
• If you have to Google what SME stands for, you probably shouldn’t consider yourself a subject matter expert at all.
• I think it’d be a lot of fun to become so deranged that Donald Trump becomes my emotional support animal. Obviously, I couldn’t travel anywhere with the actual Donald Trump, but having a plush doll of the guy under my arm at all times would be a hoot. Imagine the looks I’d get at storytelling events.
• I bet the best part of a customer service representative’s job is picking their American name. “Hey, Aarushi, who you going to be today?”
“Today, I’m Stephanie. Tomorrow… I’m thinking I’ll be a Jill! No, Jillian! Definitely Jillian.”
• I never really cared for Mickey Mouse. Always found him to be a bore. He’s got an entitled heir to a fortune thing going on. Mickey Mouse is a lot like Donald Trump Jr. (Never mind the question over the legitimacy or even existence of a Trump fortune.)
• Speaking of Disney… I question the emotional intelligence and mental capabilities of adults who visit Disney resorts without kids. Even with kids, it’s a questionable thing to do. These places exist purely to take large amounts of your money in exchange for giving you the exact same experience everyone else is paying too much for. Ultimately, Disney resorts are upside down Japanese internment camps staffed with snake oil salesmen and furry enthusiasts staring at the sweaty cleavage of the teenage girls dragged there by their grandparents for one last family trip before Grandpaw refuses further treatment. Fuck that. I’m going to Busch Gardens.
• I find the beauty in everything when I haven’t put my contacts in.