Notes from the Post-it Wall — Week of June 16, 2018
• I’m firmly convinced that the way in which a bride and groom are embraced with love and acceptance by the other’s family and friends is the surefire way to know if the union will last.
• If you don’t know the difference between Fake News and an egregious journalistic error, you are too stupid to read the news. Instead, turn on HGTV, subscribe to The Pioneer Woman Magazine and keep your head up your ass.
• I would give anything to have an opinion on the hot and heavy relationship of Pete Davidson and Ariana Grande. That kind of mental capacity is a luxury these days.
• Sometimes there just aren’t enough drugs or pots of coffee or bottles of booze or conversations with friends or long walks on the beach or jogs through the rain to clear your mind. Sometimes you just can’t get through the fog or clear the plaque and you have to go into a physical and emotional lockdown of absolute solitude. And when you can’t do that, you just might be fucked. The one good thing about this is that troubles such as this one keep people employed at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
• I did not appreciate Anthony Bourdain when he was alive. I was wrong. I have to make my peace with that.
• I also did not appreciate Kate Spade when she was alive but that doesn’t bother me any.