Notes from the Post-it Wall — Week of March 25, 2018
By David Himmel
• Say Yes to the Dress is more mentally stimulating than any newscast on CNN.
• Who in the living fuck is Cardi B? Wait, let me rephrase that. Why in the living fuck is Cardi B?
• The Nursing Negotiations between my wife and son continue. It’s all consuming for all three of us in different ways. Last night I dreamt that my own mother was forcing me to drink milk. I’m lactose intolerant. The symbolism was not lost on me when I woke.
• As far as female superheroes kicking ass go, I’ll take The Bride over Wonder Woman any day.
• I can sometimes be a music snob. I don’t know everything about all music, but I’m no dummy. And I have pretty strong feelings about what makes a song/album/band good or bad. That said, depending on my mood, the Barenaked Ladies’ album Gordon is just as quality a piece of art as Led Zeppelin II.
• Easter was canceled. They found the body.