Notes from the Post-it Wall — Week of March 18, 2018
• I am quicker to turn off that Microsoft AI commercial featuring Common than I am to turn off the Sarah McLaughlin commercial about abused dogs.
• The best part about my son is that there’s finally someone in our house more overdramatic than I am.
• Using the expressions of your newborn to engage in quippy political remarks through photo text messaging with your in-laws keeps things light and fun.
• NOTE TO SELF: Davey, don’t be that guy who can’t talk or write about anything else but your goddamn kid.
• After this week’s Illinois primary, it is ever clear that Illinois democrats believe the Land of Lincoln deserves its state of ruin. At least they didn’t elect Pat Quinn or Joseph Berrios again.
• Never mistake a lack of enthusiasm for a lack of care. Sometimes displaying enthusiasm is the same as walking into battle with your flak jacket in the Jeep and your shirt wide open.