The Minutes of our Last Meeting – GOP Emergency Meeting for an Action Plan to End Gun Violence
GOP Emergency Meeting for an
Action Plan to End Gun Violence
February 21, 2018 9:00am
Present: House and Senate Republicans
Without discussion, Mitch McConnell ran down
the GOP's strategy.
- Moments of silence for a few more days
- Send thoughts and prayers via Twitter
- Condemn video games, pornography and abortion
- Keep perverts out of public bathrooms to show we do care about our kids
- Call to get all the facts before making a decision and then don’t get all the facts
- Seriously, abortion is just the worst, unless it’s a pregnant mistress
- Resist any knee jerk reactions that would restrict gun ownership
- Condemn democrats for wanting to take guns away from responsible gun owners, which everyone who owns a gun thinks they are
- Cast doubt on validity of shooting victims (what works for sexual harassment works here, too)
- Write up legislation, stall legislation, kill legislation
- Abortion. Am I right?
- We got our usual post-shooting spike in NRA contributions, cash those checks quickly!
- Hope Trump keeps tweeting outrageous bullshit and people forget about this gun stuff until the next one happens in a few weeks