Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of November 11, 2018
• Mathias beer at Haymarket Pub & Brewery is delicious. It got the best of me this week and twisted my mind into thinking taking a shot of Jack Daniel’s would be a good idea. Respect, Mathias, respect.
• The best way to cure self-loathing is to spend time with yourself alone.
• Called Alderman Brian Hopkins (2nd Ward) asking again when the sidewalk in front of our building was going to be replaced. It’s been dug up for four months. Very next day, cement was poured — while it was snowing, no less. That makes me laugh.
• If everything is special, nothing is special. Right? So, if everyone is a storyteller, who’s listening?
• This Thanksgiving, let’s remember that this year’s holiday falls on the 65th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. So let’s be thankful that most of us won’t experience having our spouse’s skull and brains splattered all over our designer outfit while riding in a convertible. I bet Jackie even got some brain matter in her mouth. Gross. Pumpkin pie is so much better, I’m sure.
• I’m looking forward to listening to the Counting Crows in a few weeks.