Notes from the Post-it Wall | Week of September 30, 2018
• Forget about the alleged assaults. Forget about the dumb, drunken antics (that most of us have experienced before in our own heydays). The problem with Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court Justice is that he’s overtly partisan. He’s made it abundantly clear that he is unable or unwilling to be fair and impartial. The bizarre circus we witnessed this last week has likely only emboldened him to dig in deeper to his partisan feelings. But, hey, we’ll see, because he’s gonna get the job. As if that’s a surprise to anyone.
• When a boat goes on the hard, I go soft.
• Woke up with a severe charley horse in my calf sometime around three o’clock this morning. So, I know exactly what labor feels like for a woman.
• The problem with instant gratification is that it makes satisfaction hard to come by.
• Making fun of the mentally handicapped, the cognitively disabled is only OK when they are insanely wealthy and president of the United States. Retarded U.S. Senators and members of Congress are also fair game. Otherwise you’re just being mean.
• Sometimes getting a good start on the day is getting started at 11:45 in the morning.